ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER
Elementary School Teacher (EST) is the journal of elementary school, teacher training and pedagogy. Faculty of Education, Semarang State University. Elementary School Teacher (EST) contained result of the research which focusted about for development and research about Educational Technology; Character Education; Conservation Education; Education Curriculum; Media on Learning; Literacy Education; Child Development; Education Research and Development; Art Education; Teacher Competencies. The Elementary School Teacher Journal is published 2 times a year in January and July.
This statement of ethics of scientific publication is the code of ethics of all parties involved in the process of publication of this scientific journal including managers, editors, bestari partners, and authors. The statement of ethics of this publication is based on Regulation of the Head of LIPI No. 5 of 2014 concerning The Code of Publication Ethics which upholds three ethical values in publication, namely (1) impartiality, namely free from conflicts of interest in the management of publications; (2) justice, i.e. granting authoriative rights to the rightful author/ author; and (3) honesty, i.e. free from duplication, fabrication, flasification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Manager:
- Determine the name of the journal, scientific scope, scaling, and accreditation if necessary.
- Determine the membership of the board of editors.
- Define relationships between publishers, editors, bestari partners, and other parties in a contract.
- Respect confidential matters, whether for contributing researchers, authors, editors, or bestari partners.
- Apply norms and provisions regarding intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Review the journal's policies and communicate them to authors, editors, bestari partners, and readers.
- Create code guidelines for bestari editors and partners.
- Publish journals regularly.
- Ensuring the availability of funding sources for the sustainability of journal publishing.
- Build a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Preparing licensing and other aspects of legality.
Duties and Responsibilities of Journal Editor:
- Bring together the needs of readers and authors.
- Strive to improve the quality of publications on an ongoing basis.
- Implement a process to ensure the quality of published papers.
- Promote freedom of speech objectively.
- Maintain the integrity of the author's academic track record.
- Submit corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies if necessary.
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the content and all statements in the paper are the responsibility of the author.
- Actively request the opinions of authors, readers, bestari partners, and members of the board of editors to improve the quality of publications.
- Encourage the assessment of journals if there are findings.
- Support initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by asking authors to attach an Ethics Klirens form that has been approved by the Ethics Committee.
- Support initiatives to educate researchers on the ethics of publication
- Review the effect of published policies on the attitudes of authors and bestari partners and correct them to increase responsibility and minimize errors.
- Have an open mind towards new opinions or views of others that may conflict with personal opinions.
- Does not retain the opinions of own, author or third parties that may result in un objective decisions.
- Encourage authors, in order to make improvements to the paper until it is worthy of publication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Bestari Partners:
- Review the paper and submit the results of the study to the editor, as a material to determine the feasibility of a paper to be published.
- The reviewer should not review the writings involving him or her, either directly or indirectly.
- Provide positive suggestions, inputs, and recommendations on scientific writing manuscripts.
- Maintain the privacy of the author by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations to manuscripts.
- Encourage writers to make improvements to the paper.
- Review the corrected paper in accordance with the predetermined standards.
- The paper is examined on time according to the style of the publication based on scientific rules (data collection method, author's legality, conclusion, and others) that have been determined.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Author:
- Ensure that those on the list of authors meet the criteria as authors.
- Collective responsibility for the work and content of the article includes methods, analysis, calculations, and details.
- Declare the origin of resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explain the limitations in research.
- Respond to comments made by bestari partners and editorial boards in a scientific professional and timely manner.
- Inform in writing to the editor if it will re-withdraw his writing.
Make a statement that the paper submitted for publication is original, and has never been published anywhere and in any language, and is not in the process of filing to another publisher.