Abstract

This research aims to determine the effect of smartphone usage and discipline of learning on social studies learning outcomes of class VIII students at SMP Negeri 1 Kalibagor, Banyumas Regency. This research is a research with a quantitative approach and is a type of correlational research. The population in this study were 224 students of class VIII SMP Negeri 1 Kalibagor and took a sample of 70 students from the total population through simple random sampling technique. The data collection technique was done using a questionnaire and documentation. The results of this research was a positive and significant influence simultaneously between the smartphones usage and discipline of learning on the social studies learning outcomes of class VIII students of SMP Negeri 1 Kalibagor based on the results of the F test with a value  >  (37.414> 3.13). The smartphones usage and discipline of learning simultaneously has an effect on social studies learning outcomes by 52.8% and the remaining 47.2% is influenced by other variables or factors. 


Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk mengetahui pengaruh pemanfaatan smartphone dan disiplin belajar terhadap hasil belajar IPS peserta didik kelas VIII di SMP Negeri 1 Kalibagor Kabupaten Banyumas. Penelitian ini termasuk dalam penelitian dengan pendekatan kuantitatif dan merupakan jenis penelitian korelasional. Populasi dalam penelitian ini adalah peserta didik kelas VIII SMP Negeri 1 Kalibagor yang berjumlah 224 dan mengambil sampel sebanyak 70 peserta didik dari total populasi melalui teknik simple random sampling. Teknik pengambilan data dilakukan menggunakan angket dan dokumentasi. Hasil dari penelitian ini adalah terdapat pengaruh positif dan signifikan antara pemanfaatan smartphone dan disiplin belajar terhadap hasil belajar IPS peserta didik kelas VIII SMP Negeri 1 Kalibagor berdasarkan hasil uji F dengan nilai  >  (37,414 > 3,13). Pemanfaatan smartphone dan disiplin belajar secara simultan atau bersama-sama memberikan pengaruh terhadap hasil belajar IPS sebesar 52,8% dan sisanya 47,2% dipengaruhi oleh variabel atau faktor lain.