Author should first register as Author through the address: https://journal.unnes.ac.id/sju/index.php/jsm/index. Author should fulfill the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered.
- The manuscript is written in English. The type is an essay with subtitles at
any of its parts, except in the introduction. The title is printed in capital letters, center text position, font size 14 pts, font face Book Antiqua.
- Originality is a must, and the manuscript has never been published in any mediaBefore.
- Systematic of writing.
3.1 A r e s e a r c h article consists of t itle, a uthor n ame, Abstract and K eywords,
In troduction, method, results and discussion, conclusions, and references. The
title consists of max 12 words with font size 14 pts. The different subtitle is
written in different font faces and not using numbers on the title section. The
first level in uppercase at all, bold, align text to the left. The second level, capital
in the first letter, bold, align text to the left.
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION (level 1)
The Study of the Deculturation Process of Modern Kasidah Music (level 2)
The Process of Forming Tambourine (level 3)
The author’s name is in bold, font size 12 pt, without academic degree and title of honor. The address of the institution and e-mail address are included and written under the title, font size 11 pt. An abstract is written approximately 100 words in two languages (Indonesian and English), with keywords based on the language used in the article.
3.2 A conceptual article consists of title, author name, abstract and keywords, the introduction, the core (consist of several subtitles), closing, and references.
- The author’s name is without academic degree and written below the title. If the aut- hor are more than 4 persons; all names are listed. In the reference, the author’s name is written in complete. The author must attach email address that is still active under the author’s name.
- Abstract ranges from 200 to 250 words written in English.
- Keywords are based on the content of the article written below the abstract and the
content of articles.
- References that are not cited in the article could be listed in the reference if the citati-
on is suitable to the content of the article.
IN-TEXT CITATIONS & REFERENCE STYLE
Identify each source at the appropriate point in the text by the last name of the author or authors, year of publication, and pagination by using APA (American Psycho- logical Association) citations & reference style. Examples:
Note the following for the style of text citations:
(1) If the author’s name is in the text, follow with year in parentheses:
... Author Last Name (year) has argued ...
(2) If author’s name is not in the text, insert last name, comma and year:
... several works (Author Last Name, year) have described ...
(3) For direct quotations, the page number follows the year, preceded by ‘p.’
(not a colon):
... it has been noted (Author Last Name, year, p. XXX) that ...
(4) Where there are two authors, always cite both names, joined by ‘and’ if within running text and outside of parentheses; joined by an ampersand (&) if within parenthetical material, in tables and in captions, and in the reference list:
…Author Last Name and Author Last Name stated that…
... it has been stated (Author Last Name & Author Last Name, year) ...
(5) When a work has three, four, or five authors, cite all authors the first time the citation occurs; in subsequent citations, include only the surname of the first author followed by ‘et al.’ (not italicized and with a period after ‘al’) and the year if it is the first citation of the reference within a paragraph:
…Author Last Name, Author Last Name, Author Last Name, and Author Last name
Name (year) found that…[Use as first citation in text.] [Use ampersand if within parentheses.]
... Author Last Name et al. (year) found that [Use as subsequent citation thereafter.]
- The way of writing the citation in the reference can be written as follow.
Goleman, D. (1999). Kecerdasan Emosional. Jakarta: Gramedia.
Campbell, P. S. (1991). Lessons from the world: A cross-cultural guide to music teaching and learning. New York, NY: Schirmer Books.
A collection of articles:
Saukah, & Waseso, M. G. (Eds.). (2002). Menulis Artikel untuk Jurnal Ilmiah (Edisi ke-4,
cetakan ke-1). Malang: UM Press.
Article in the book collection of articles:
Russel, T. (1998). An Alternative Conception: Representing Representation. In P.J. Black &
- A. Lucas (Eds.), Children’s Informa Ideas in Science (62-84). London: Routledge.
- If there is more than one reference to the same author (or by the same two
or more authors in the same order) and year, insert the suffixes ‘a’, ‘b’, ‘c’, etc. after
the year of publication and repeat the year. The suffixes are assigned in the reference
list, where these kinds of references are ordered alphabetically
by title (of the article, chapter, or complete work):
... it was described (Author Last Name, 2000a, 2000b, 2000c) ...
Articles in journals or magazines:
Salam, S. (2001). Pendekatan Ekspresi Diri, Disiplin, dan Multikultural dalam Pendidikan
Seni Rupa”. Wacana Seni Rupa, 1(3), 12-22.
Bergee, M. J. (2007). Performer, rater, occasion, and sequence as sources of variability
in music performance assessment. Journal of Research in Music Education, 55(4),
Pitunov, B. (2002, December 13). Sekolah Unggulan ataukah Sekolah Pengunggulan? Suara
Newspaper article (without the author’s name):
Kompas. (2011, November 20). Wanita Kelas Bawah Lebih Mandiri, 3, 2.
Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa. (1978). Pedoman Penulisan Laporan Penelitian.
Undang-undang Indonesia nomor 2 tentang Sistem Pendidikan.
Kaplan, D. (2002). Teori Budaya. Translated by Landung Simatupang. Yogyakarta: Pustaka
Paper, thesis, dissertation, research reports:
Suryati, A. (2003). Hubungan Antara Minat Mahasiswa Terhadap Musik Populer dengan Prestasi
Belajar Komposisi Musik Mahasiswa Sendratasik FBS UNNES angkatan 1999/2000. Thesis.
Semarang: Universitas Negeri Semarang.
Conference papers, workshops, upgrading course:
Waseso, M. G. (2001). Isi dan Format Jurnal Ilmiah. Paper Presented in Conference and Work-
shop on Writing Manuscript and Journal Management, Lambung Mangkurat Univer-
sity, Banjarmasin, August 9-11, 2001.
Individual internet article
Hitchcock, S., Carr, L. & Hall, W. (1996). A Survey of STM Online Journals, 1990-1995: TheCalmbefore the Storm, (online). Retrieved from http://journal.esc.soton. ac.uk/ survey/survey.htm. June 12, 1996.
Internet article in online journal
Sinaga, S. S. (2010). Pemanfaatan dan Pengembangan Lagu Anak-Anak dalam Pembelaja- ran Tematik pada Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini. (Online), 5(1). Retrieved from http:// www.journal.unnes.ac.id. November 20, 2011.
Internet (the material of discussion)
Wilson, D. (1995, November 20). Summary of Citing Internet Sites. NETTRAIN Discussion
List (Online). Retrieved from firstname.lastname@example.org. November 22, 1995.
Naga, D. S. (email@example.com). (1997, Oktober 1). Artikel untuk JIP. e-mail to Ali Saukah
- The article is sent to the editor of Harmonia B2 Building 2nd floor Sekaran Gunung- pati Semarang Indonesia 50229 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The article should be received by the editor at least two months before the deadline (June and December). The articles which are approved or rejected will be notified or by e-mail within 30 days since the article is accepted by the editor. The unpublished article will not be given back, except at the request of the author attaching a replied stamp.
- Steps of Online submission
There are five steps in online submission process in this journal:
Step 1 - Starting the Submission: Select the appropriate section of journal, i.e. Original Research Articles, Review Article, or Short Communication. Thus, author must check-mark on the submission checklists.
Step 2 – Uploading the Submission: Click Browse on the Upload submission file item and choose the manuscript document file to be submitted, then click Upload button. Please make sure that the manuscript file has been uploaded.
Step 3 – Entering Submission’s Metadata: Detail authors metadata should be entered including marked corresponding author. After that, manuscript title and abstract must be uploaded by copying the text and paste in the textbox including keywords.
Step 4 – Uploading Supplementary Files: Supplementary file should be uploaded including Covering/Submission Letter, and Signed Copyright Transfer Agreement Form. Therefore, click on Browse button, choose the files, and then click on Upload button.
Step 5 – Confirming the Submission: Author should final check the uploaded manuscript documents in this step. To submit the manuscript to Harmonia journal, click Finish Submission button after the documents is true. The corresponding author or the principal contact will receive an acknowledgement by email and will be able to view the submission’s progress through the editorial process by logging in to the journal web address site.