The author should first register as Author through the address: https://journal.unnes.ac.id/sju/index.php/jsi. The author should fulfill the form as detail as possible where the star marked form must be entered.
- The manuscript is written in Indonesian. The type is an essay with subtitles at any of its parts, except in the introduction. The title is printed in capital letters, font size 12 pts, font face Calisto MT 12
- Originality is a must, and the manuscript has never been published in any media Before.
- Systematic of
- A research article consists of the title, author name, Abstract, and Keywords, Introduction, method, results and discussion, conclusions, and The title consists of max 12 words with font size 12 pts. The different subtitle is written in different font faces and not using numbers on the title section. The
first level in uppercase at all, bold, align text to the left. The second level, capital in the first letter, bold, align text to the left.
RESULTS AND DISCUSSION (level 1)
The Study of the Deculturation Process of Modern Kasidah Music (level 2)
The Process of Forming Tambourine (level 3)
The author’s name is in bold, font size 12 pt, without an academic degree and title of honor. The address of the institution and e-mail address are included and written under the title, font size 11 pt. An abstract is written approximately 150-200 words in two languages (Indonesian and English), with keywords based on the language used in the article.
- A conceptual article consists of the title, author name, abstract, and keywords, the introduction, the core (consist of several subtitles), closing, and
- The author’s name is without an academic degree and written below the title. If the author is more than 4 persons; all names are In the reference, the author’s name is written incomplete. The author must attach an email address that is still active under the author’s name.
- Abstract ranges from 150 to 200 words written in Indonesian and English.
- Keywords are based on the content of the article written below the abstract and the content of
- References that are not cited in the article could be listed in the reference if the citation is suitable to the content of the article.
IN-TEXT CITATIONS & REFERENCE STYLE
Manuscripts are written by using standard citation application (Mendeley/Endnote/Zotero). APA (American Psychological Association) reference style is required. Examples:
Note the following for the style of text citations:
- If the author’s name is in the text, follow with a year in parentheses:
... Author Last Name (year) has argued ...
- If the author’s name is not in the text, insert last name, comma and year:
... several works (Author Last Name, year) have described ...
- For direct quotations, the page number follows the year, preceded by ‘p.’ (not a colon):
... it has been noted (Author Last Name, year, p. XXX) that ...
- Where there are two authors, always cite both names, joined by ‘and’ if within running text and outside of parentheses; joined by an ampersand (&) if within parenthetical material, in tables and in captions, and in the reference list:
…Author Last Name and Author Last Name stated that…
... it has been stated (Author Last Name & Author Last Name, year) ...
- When a work has three, four, or five authors, cite all authors the first time the citation occurs; in subsequent citations, include only the surname of the first author followed by ‘et al.’ (not italicized and with a period after ‘al’) and the year if it is the first citation of the reference within a paragraph:
…Author Last Name, Author Last Name, Author Last Name, and Author Last name
Name (year) found that…[Use as the first citation in text.] [Use ampersand if within parentheses.]
... Author Last Name et al. (year) found that [Use as subsequent citation thereafter.]
- The way of writing the citation in the reference can be written as
Goleman, D. (1999). Kecerdasan Emosional. Jakarta: Gramedia.
Campbell, P. S. (1991). Lessons from the world: A cross-cultural guide to music teaching and learning. New York, NY: Schirmer Books.
A collection of articles:
Saukah, & Waseso, M. G. (Eds.). (2002). Menulis Artikel untuk Jurnal Ilmiah (Edisi ke-4, cetakan ke-1). Malang: UM Press.
Article in the book collection of articles:
Russel, T. (1998). An Alternative Conception: Representing Representation. In P.J. Black &
- Lucas (Eds.), Children’s Informa Ideas in Science (62-84). London: Routledge.
- If there is more than one reference to the same author (or by the same two
or more authors in the same order) and year, insert the suffixes ‘a’, ‘b’, ‘c’, etc. after the year of publication and repeat the year. The suffixes are assigned in the reference list, where these kinds of references are ordered alphabetically
by title (of the article, chapter, or complete work):
Articles in journals or magazines:
Salam, S. (2001). Pendekatan Ekspresi Diri, Disiplin, dan Multikultural dalam Pendidikan Seni Rupa”. Wacana Seni Rupa, 1(3), 12-22.
Bergee, M. J. (2007). Performer, rater, occasion, and sequence as sources of variability in music performance assessment. Journal of Research in Music Education, 55(4), 344–358.
Pitunov, B. (2002, December 13). Sekolah Unggulan ataukah Sekolah Pengunggulan? Suara Merdeka. 4&11.
Newspaper article (without the author’s name):
Kompas. (2011, November 20). Wanita Kelas Bawah Lebih Mandiri, 3, 2.
Pusat Pembinaan dan Pengembangan Bahasa. (1978). Pedoman Penulisan Laporan Penelitian.
Undang-undang Indonesia nomor 2 tentang Sistem Pendidikan.
Kaplan, D. (2002). Teori Budaya. Translated by Landung Simatupang. Yogyakarta: Pustaka Pelajar Offset.
Paper, thesis, dissertation, research reports:
Suryati, A. (2003). Hubungan Antara Minat Mahasiswa Terhadap Musik Populer dengan Prestasi Belajar Komposisi Musik Mahasiswa Sendratasik FBS UNNES angkatan 1999/2000. Thesis. Semarang: Universitas Negeri Semarang.
Conference papers, workshops, upgrading course:
Waseso, M. G. (2001). Isi dan Format Jurnal Ilmiah. Paper Presented in Conference and Workshop on Writing Manuscript and Journal Management, Lambung Mangkurat University, Banjarmasin, August 9-11, 2001.
Individual internet article
Hitchcock, S., Carr, L. & Hall, W. (1996). A Survey of STM Online Journals, 1990-1995: The calm before the Storm, (online). Retrieved from http://journal.esc.soton. ac.uk/ survey/survey.htm. June 12, 1996.
Internet article in online journal
Sinaga, S. S. (2010). Pemanfaatan dan Pengembangan Lagu Anak-Anak dalam Pembelaja- ran Tematik pada Pendidikan Anak Usia Dini. (Online), 5(1). Retrieved from http:// www.journal.unnes.ac.id. November 20, 2011.
Internet (the material of discussion)
Wilson, D. (1995, November 20). Summary of Citing Internet Sites. NETTRAIN Discussion List (Online). Retrieved from firstname.lastname@example.org. November 22, 1995
- The article is sent to the editor of JSI B1 Building 1st floor Sekaran Gunungpati Semarang Indonesia 50229 or e-mail: email@example.com
- The article should be received by the editor at least two months before the deadline (June and December). The articles which are approved or rejected will be notified or by e-mail within 30 days since the article is accepted by the editor. The unpublished article will not be given back, except at the request of the author attaching a replied stamp.
- Steps of Online submission
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.