The manuscript could be an original researchs, reviews and short reports which sufficiently contributes novelty to sports science and fitness. Authors are requested to submit their papers electronically by using the Journal of Sport Science and Fitness online submission procedure. The corresponding author should also provide a statement that the manuscript is not concurrently being under consideration for publication elsewhere. The Editors will ignore submissions that do not follow these procedures.
Structure of the manuscripts
- Title.The title should be clear and informative, and not more than 15 words.
- Author's names and institutions. The author's names should be accompanied by the author's institutions and email addresses, without any academic title. For a collaboration paper, one of the authors should be notified as the corresponding author.
- Abstract and keywords. The abstract should be 150-200 words. Abstract consist of aims, methods, and result. Please provide the abstract in both English and Indonesian versions. The keywords should be of 3 to 5 words or phrases.
- Introduction. This section explains the background of the study, a review of the previous researches in the area, and aims of the manuscripts. Importantly it should also show the significance and novelty of the research.
- Methods. This section describes the appropriate tools of analysis along with the data and their sources.
- Results and Discussion. This section explains the results of the study. It should be presented clearly and concisely. Author(s) should explore the novelty or the contribution of the work to the sports science and fitness field.
- Conclusion. This section concludes and provides policy implications, if any, of the study. The conclusion(s) should be at the same order with ones discussed in the body of the manuscript.
- References. This section lists only the papers, books, or other types of publications referred to in the body of the manuscript.
General Writing Format
- The manuscript is prepared in an A4 paper, double-sided, and 1,5 lines spacing format. A new paragraph should start 5 characters from the left margin, using 10-size, Calisto MT font type.
- The manuscript is considered either in English or Indonesia.
- The manuscript should be between 6 to 12 pages long (4000-5600 words).
- The top and bottom margins are 2 cm.
- The title is written using capital letters (example: location name), 12 font size.
- Subtitles are written using UPPERCASEBOLD style, 10 font size, starting from the left margin.
- Sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at first word or special name. They should be started from the left margin.
- Sub of the sub of subtitles, if any, are written using capital letters only at the beginning of each word except for connecting words, all in italics. They should be started from the left margin.
- References should be those of the last ten years publication, 80% journals and 20% other references.
- Equations and formula should be numbered as (1), (2)...etc appearing to their right.
- Estimation results from a software package are not allowed to be directly presented in the paper. They should be presented in summary tables.
Tables and figures should be presented as follows:
- The name of tables and figures should follow a numbering system (Arabic numbering system). The title of the tables and figures are placed at the top and the bottom respectively.
- The tables and figures should provide the source of information, if any, at the bottom.
- Any table should contain only heading and contents. The table contains row lines only without column lines. Note(s) and source(s) should be included underneath the table where appropriate.
Acknowledgment, if any, should be written as the foot-note of the manuscript's title.Citation
Citation in the text body should be written using the family name and years of publication. Example:
- Kovacevic (2014) suggests that the objective of depreciation is ...
- Inflation targeting would be sufficient (Aypay, 2016).
- The definition of contagion is ... (Ngafifi, 2014; Anggita, 2018).
- The Authors are recommended to use Mendeley Reference software.
The manuscript is expected to involve approximately 20-25 primary and up-to-date references to assert high quality contributions to the knowledge development. Citations and references must strictly follow the APA (American Psychological Association) style. References should include only works that are cited within the text of the manuscript. Consulting the APA 6th style manual (http://www.apastyle.org/pubmanual.html) is strongly recommended for completing manuscript submissions.References should appear as:
Book with one author:
Author, A. A. (2010). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.Book with two authors:
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (2010). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.Book with more than two authors:
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C. C. (20). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.Journal article:
Anggita, G.M., Ali, M.A., Sugiarto, Mukarromah, S.B. (2020). The Analysis of Primary School Student Knowledge and Participation toward Traditional Games. Jurnal Juara, 5 (1), 48-54. doi: https://doi.org/10.33222/juara.v5i1.769Edited book:
Author, A. A. (Ed.). (2012). Title of work. Location/City, State: Publisher.Chapter in an edited book:
Author, A. A., & Author, B. B. (2018). Title of work. In P. Mieszkowski, & W. H. Oakland (Ed.), Fiscal Federalism and Grants-in-Aid (pp. 5-21). Washington, DC: The Urban Institute.Unpublished doctoral dissertation or masters thesis:
Author, A. A. (2015). Title of work. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University.Published proceedings:
Author, A. A., Author, B. B., & Author, C.C. (2018). Title of work. Conference Title, 200 (1), 15040. https://doi.org/10.1088/1757-899X/200/1/15040How to send the manuscript
- The manuscript in microsoft word 97-2003 format should be sent to the editor by clicking Online Submission tab on our Website.
- A brief bio that contains full name, academic title, institution, telephone, mobile number, and others should be written in the fields of data when registering online in the website submission.
Taking into account the results of the peer reviewing process, the decision as to the acceptability of each manuscript for publication will be notified to the author(s) through the website system in the following alternative conclusions:
a. Accepted without revision, or
b. Accepted with minor revision, or
c. Accepted with major revision, or